electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I have a Fisher MC 3050 integrated component stereo system.

Customer Question

I have a Fisher MC 3050 integrated component stereo system. Everything has been working fantastically for the past few months since I picked out up from a thrift shop. Recently, the right speaker has been staying to fade after approximately 40 minutes of play. At first, I thought it was the speakers (also thrift store bought), but after a week I began listening to a record through headphones on the same system and the right headphones began to fade. I tested the headphones with the FM radio and the tape deck on the system and both headphones produced even sound so my guess is that something with the phonograph component is faulty. Any suggestions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 11 months ago.

Hi Welcome to just answer.

There are 2 things you can check:-

Stylus .. this is responsible for picking up the sound

The cable that connects the pick up head to the arm. Some times they come loose and you might loose contact

Isomeone it possible to isolate the pick up head and use external pretty amp?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The stylus is brand new, I replaced or when I bought the system. As for the pickup head, what is that exactly? Is that the jack that the red and white audio cables plug in? If so, it would be possible for me to use an external pre amp, however I would have to remove the turn table from the system to do so. Also, it would kind of defeat the purpose of an integrated component system. Is there some set of diagnostic tests I could run to isolate the problem further?

Well to me I think it is something to do with the amplifier on the system and we to start elimination process by separating the individual audio components.

The stylus plugs onto pick up head on many of similar systems the two components can be changed individually or together.

My suggestion to isolate the parts would help me understand what need to be done to correct the problem.

http://www.lpgear.com/product/FSMC3050.html

Stylus picture

http://www.analogalley.com/osccart/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=1368

Product manual