Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My blu-ray dvr is turning on and off by itself.

Customer Question

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Blu-ray DVR.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HT-D5210C samsung
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried another outlet?

With the description of "...turning on and off...", is there no indication of power when it has switched off by itself? ...no blinking light(s)? ...no clicking sound?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've unplugged several times. Had this unit for almost three years. Always been plugged in the same spot with no problems until now. Have it on a power strip with the TV and cable box. All the lights go on and off with power with a delay of 30 to 45 seconds.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

I understand.

Bear with me, can you please try another outlet / without the power strip but this time with no speaker/speaker wires connected ?

Also, have you checked if the fan is spinning prior to the "...lights go on and off with power with a delay of 30 to 45 seconds..." ?