Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I also have a CDP-CX455 which was stuck with carrier not

Customer Question

I also have a CDP-CX455 which was stuck with carrier not rotating, door jammed & nasty noises happening.I removed the top/side panel & found multiple discs out of the carrier. Replaced them all, still not operating. I removed the rear panel & found that the drive belt to the CENTRE REAR large pulley was off. I replaced the belt, powered up, nothing happened at all.
I found & followed your advice re the ARTIST, PLAY & +100 buttons. It went to Standby mode, & when I powered up, the carrier rotated & NO DISC is displayed.
So, I've made some progress, but I'm not sure what I should do next to convince the device that it has a large load of CD's already loaded!
Could you advise what you'd suggest the next step should be?
Are my hours of typing in the TOC lost or is it still stored in non volatile memory & is it recoverable?
Thanks is anticipation,
Peter
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to our site , I will be happy to assist you.

It looks like the memory need to be cleared. Remove all the discs,Power off the system. Disconnect the power cable and wait for 10 minutes. Plug the system back and load one cd and see if it will play.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this process clear the TOC? There are almost 400 CD's in the box, I'd really like to avoid having to re-enter all the data, it takes hours! If the process you describe does clear the TOC, is there an alternative method to try?Thanks, Peter

OK try to powere off without removing the cd and let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore the live video request, don't know how I entered the request.I followed your power down & up procedure while leaving all the CD's in place. There is no change in symptoms, the display is still NO DISC & the play button doesn't work.

I think we have a problem that requires taking the system to a local repair shop for evaluation. From my experience, the TOC, means the system is firmware is stuck trying to match the content of the CD on the play tray and what is on the memory. Unfortunately, it looks like the laser cannot read what is on the CD.

According to your troubleshoot, you were able to take the cover, can you verify that the disc is loaded right on the play mechanism.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The closest tech is 530 kms away, that's why I'm on this site. To take it anywhere, I would have to remove all the CD's anyway.
Can you please tell me the procedure for doing a factory reset?
thanks, peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read the manual before I did anything. I tried the power off with plug out before I took the cover off. I am asking about 'factory reset', most equipment has a sequence that techs use to do a cold reboot. Do you know what this sequence is please?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. A cold reboot on this model is a power cycle. However the No Disc error usually occurs when discs can not be read by the machine. If possible can you put in only a single CD and see what it does?