Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Does the tachi HT-L303 turntable have a phono preamp?

Customer Question

does the Hitachi HT-L303 turntable have a phono preamp?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. No there is not a built in phono stage (RIAA correction, 40 db boost for an MM cartridge) built into this turntable so an external phono preamplifier would be needed between the unit and a receiver without a built in phono stage. The unit is a Moving Magnet cartridge so an MM phono preamp is needed. A unit can be purchased for as little as $20 or as much as $500 which will work for this turntable. Below is an economical choice to connect the turntable to a line level Input:

http://www.parts-express.com/behringer-pp400-microphono-ultra-compact-phono-preamp--248-6348

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.