Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a sony dvd recorder- menu options on the system menu

Customer Question

i have a sony dvd recorder- menu options on the system menu are dithered out when i go to them - i can't finalize the disk - the option is dithered - the title list option is also dithered on the main menu - any ideas? ive contacted sony but 1st line support has no idea
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have low-quality DVD blank discs that occasionally or frequently refuse to work in your Sony recorder. Or you may simply have one disc that is not made to quite the right tolerances, and proves unusable.

Try more than one maker's discs, and try more than one disc too, I recommend, as the first thing to try.