Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Recorders and Players like the popular ROKU. I am Computer Eng. with 10+ years of experience with network devices.
23822421

My fostex c3200 no longer records, always says check disc

Customer Question

My fostex c3200 no longer records, always says check disc repair. Using verbatim cdr's.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a Fostex CR200 disc recorder has stopped successfully recording cds. A new disc, Verbatim's, shows recording, VU meter is responding red "rec" light is lit. At the end of recording, I press stop. then finalize, nothing but "repair disc." I used to get the TOC and a countdown would start, then press pause and i could play that disc anywhere.
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** allow me to assist you with your question today, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

I am afraid the discs are not compatible with your Fostex. Also, when it says Repair, the track number and recording time data are repaired by tracking the recorded area. Further recording or finalization is possible when the display returns to the previous condition.

Tracing of the recorded area takes about 40 minutes if the disc has been recorded fully, so if it says "Repair", please wait one hour to see if the message is gone.

Please also try with another brand and keep me posted here clicking REPLY.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====