Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony RDR-GX330 that is in dvd1 and my remote will

Customer Question

I have a Sony RDR-GX330 that is in dvd1 and my remote will not work now. Is there a way to put it back to dvd3 without the remote.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Do you have DVD recorder remote right now?

- Does recorder show DVD1 when press menu or setup button on its remote?

These info will help to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the remote won't work at all now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to put new batteries in remote and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I press stop on the actual unit it shows dvd1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

We need working DVD remote to resolve this issue. Do you have a digital or cellphone camera to check remote control infrared signals through camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what the manual says, I won't be able to use the remote unless the dvd recorder is in dvd3. So that is why I need help resetting it without the use of the remote.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand and know how to resolve the issue but we need working remote control as first thing.

Without remote this problem can't be resolved so please check the remote infrared signals through digital/ cellphone camera, press few buttons one by one on DVD remote while looking at its front tip (where IR LED is located) through camera, do you observe flashing light on remote front tip?

Please check following images to have better idea for above test..

http://lost-car-keys-locksmith.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Infrared-Remote-check.bmp

http://www.tailormadeitsolutions.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RemCtl-1.jpg

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the light in the phone.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, please press and hold Enter and #1 button on DVD remote for 5 seconds, release the buttons and press Enter one more time.

Now try the remote on DVD recorder, does it work now?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I had it unpluged again, it has to be in dvd3
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

If DVD recorder shows DVD1 message on front display then above procedure will work to set the remote for DVD1 code and remote will start working on DVD recorder.

Have you tried the procedure as mentioned in previous reply?

I been fixed many recorders for the same issue with above procedure.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows dvd1 when system is off and the I press the stop button on the dvd player.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand it, did you try to press and hold the buttons on remote control for 5 seconds as requested in previous reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, then I hit enter again. It just seams to be locked up. I can use the recorder without the remote but then I can't do anything with the settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry Shahid, but I have to get ready for work, you have my e-mail if you have any other ideas on what I can do. Thank you for your time and trouble.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please press and hold both buttons (Enter and #1) at same time for 5 seconds on remote, this will set DVD1 code in your remote and DVD recorder will start accepting its signals.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.