Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Disc Player PD-F1007 cannot rotate disc holder. It seems to

Customer Question

Disc Player PD-F1007 cannot rotate disc holder. It seems to be locked either manually or power. Any suggestions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection/rotation mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a 300 disc changer and your answer was for a 5 or 6 changer. I was able to fix the problem by hit and miss.so thiss time I don't need your help. But thanks for your work even though you were on the wrong changer for your answer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I understand what model you have, and the content of my response was appropriate to that type, though it still applies to the smaller changers, the only difference is that your discs are oriented vertically, they can still come out of place and there are the same components in the tray rotation drive system.