Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

We have Pd-f908 disc player and the door closes and lights

Customer Question

we have Pd-f908 disc player and the door closes and lights come on but scrolls around and says no disc
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Amy.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). I realize you may have done this, but please repeat the process with no discs in the tray, and direct it to the middle back section which is where the lens resides.

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc next (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Should it come to that, I can advise further on options for you.