Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

MP3 PLAYER / INTERNET RADIO QUESTION: I own a Logitech

Customer Question

MP3 PLAYER / INTERNET RADIO QUESTION: I own a Logitech Squeezebox Boom All-in-One Network Music Player / Wi-Fi Internet Radio. It has a defective fluorescent display. Some segments are very dark and others are normal. Logitech is less than useless as far as anything goes. No service info. No parts info. No parts. I need to find out the part number and a source for the display. Digikey probably has it, but I need a part number. I am a technician so there is no problem with replacing the part if someone can locate it for me. So, the ONLY thing I am seeking with this question is a part number and a source for it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You are dead on with your assessment of Logitech. In fact, Logitech basically bought the squeezebox name and dismantled everything good about it. They don't even really support it anymore. I know that you're seeking a part number but I think the only way you're going to be able to get it is by first removing the part. There is no source of info for this squeezebox tech. I suspect what you'll find behind it is just a small inverter board with the florescent light. It's probably going to be very inexpensive and just a plug-in part. But to find out what inverter board is there, would actually have to take a look at it. If you can do that scratch that and attach a picture here, there's a pretty good chance we could find it.

Hello I'm just touching base with you to find out if I've answered your question or if you need additional information. Please let me knoww hen you have a moment. Also I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, and excellent rating icons. Thank you.

Mike,