Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp USA 6 disc system. Model #CDC500GY sharp

Customer Question

I have a Sharp USA 6 disc system. Model #CDC500GY sharp manufactured November 1991. Serial # ***** Issue: if unit is plugged in the light will not turn off unless I unplug the unit. The disc part will not eject the dics. Are there still parts available to fix these issues? ( I love this stereo and do not want to give it up)
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and on "...Are there still parts...", some but not all or may be as a 'special order'. Parts may be inquired from HERE and HERE.

And the described symptom of "... light will not turn off...will not eject the dics..." would likely be due to a dislodged/erring disc preventing the magazine extraction. This would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, mechanical/voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.