Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I am trying to install my new Roku 3 player. However, I do

Customer Question

I am trying to install my new Roku 3 player. However, I do not wish to have an Amazon account. How do I complete the installaion without including amazon?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There is no requirement for an amazon account.

You can simply omit using that feature. The amazon instant video app is one of many apps/channels on the roku.

You can pick and choose which you wish to use. Some are free, some are paid or subscription based (netflix, hulu, etc).

If you don't want to use amazon, just don't open/enter that app. You can even delete it from the roku if you wish (highlight it from the channels/apps screen, press options, then remove/delete).

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81djv

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,