Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Roku 2 that I purchased in 2014. I use Blockless to

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Roku 2 that I purchased in 2014. I use Blockless to receive extra Netflix countries. I find I can receive any country except Canada with my Roku 2. I have contacted Netflix and blockless and no one seems to know what the reason is. So, I purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick, and I can now receive Canada plus all the other countries with no problem. I have reset my Roku 2, re-booted router, all the normal fixes but still cannot receive Canada Netflix. Could the Roku 2 simply be defective and needs recycling?
Thank you for any assistance you can give me.
Cliff.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cliff,

It is a known issue with Roku and Netflix after some updates where the hardcoded google DNS is taking effect and causing problems with the DNS.

In order to be able to watch Netflix Canada, you may need to block the Google DNS from taking effect by setting up static routing on your router.