Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I live in Sydney AUSTRALIA and have a 9000 Tape Deck, an

Customer Question

I live in Sydney AUSTRALIA and have a 9000 Tape Deck, an 8000 Amp./Tuner and a 8000 Turntable/Record Player with MMC 20CL Cartridge. Unfortunately all need some parts/repair and the local BANG & OLUFSEN dealer in Willoughby says they cannot get the parts! (I can send you a detailed list if required/requested).
Can you hopefully suggest where I may be able to get parts from and possibly other repairers. I am prepared to buy parts from overseas and possibly also send gear overseas for repairs (although the freight would be high on the heavy well made gear).
I have been looking on ebay and Gumtree for replacements (may be cheaper than parts/repairs). Have found in AUSTRALIA an 9000 Tape Deck for I think AU $75.00 + about AU $20.00 freight and possibly if still available a 8000 Amp./Tuner for same amount - however it does not turn on!
What I have not been able to get a reasonable price is the Turntable.
I really liked this old gear and it fits perfectly the specially designed beautiful B. & O. cabinet that I also have.
If it fits cabinet, possibly I would now be better off buying (I think newer) Beocentre 9000, however this still leaves me without a turntable. Also, I don't know how the all-in-one Tape and Radio/Amp compares (sound quality being most important) to what I have. I do like the idea that it also has a Compact Disc player.
I really hope you can help me with at least some if not everything I have mentioned and do apologise for the length of this message.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Corrie D
P.S. At CoriCo Tackle Supplies I have been Importing & Distributing FISHING TACKLE for 25 years and if you have any interest please let me know. I can certainly look after you at the right price.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, yes please; provide detailed information on what seems to be wrong with any/all of these. Clear closeup pictures of the hardware issues would help. Click HERE.