Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Using a DMR-ES35V to transfer vhs recordings to dvd. Have

Customer Question

using a DMR-ES35V to transfer vhs recordings to dvd. Have put in a dvd-r and pressed "functions" - then "other functions" - only option then is "setup" - how do I get it to transfer?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, are the "...vhs recordings..." home made videos? ...or store bought movies

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Home made
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Please click HERE. Can you please try these steps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good up to your instruction :" Press Copying DVD" Message comes up:"Cannot copy. Possible reasons include Non Recordable disc, finalized disc, damaged disc."
The disc is a DVD-R which I purchased yesterday. Brand new, never used.
What I did next:
On remote, pressed "Functions". Options are "Program" "copy" and "othter functions". Pressed "copy" told to insert a valid source disc.
Pressed "other tunctions" and the ONLY option that comes up is "SEtup"Now what, please?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Can you please try another brand of DVD -R from another store?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a Memorex DVD-R and a Memorex DVD+R (notice one is a minus and one is a plus) purchased at different times at different stores, both with the same result.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for these additional information and very significant.

Based on this, it would appear to now point to a likely internal hardware issue rather than a setting or a procedural concern; repairs would be needed.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is sad news. Thank you for attempting to help. Good bye.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

...and thank you for your kjind understanding.