Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Pioneer 101-disc, 1-bit-dec, CD player that will

Customer Question

Good Evening,
I have a Pioneer 101-disc, 1-bit-dec, CD player that will would do all sorts of things, and I especially liked pressing the "random" button and listening to all my music. Recently, it will not play any music, the carosel will not move and I am looking for a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, *****
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Skippy,

This is quite an old system, and the mechanical parts may be starting to wear.

It will need to be disassembled and any old, hardened grease will need to be replaced with fresh grease so that the moving parts can keep on moving.

The motor may also have failed if the carousel is not moving at all - it can be tested by connecting to a power source and checking if it still turns ok.

If you are unable to carry out the disassembly and tests yourself, a local electronics repair shop should be able to do this for you.

Pete.