Neil, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in electronic repair and design.
15873252

I want to clean the heads on my Teac W-415 dual cassette

Customer Question

I want to clean the heads on my Teac W-415 dual cassette deck before I try to capture some old music for posterity. My problem is getting to the heads and capstan pinch roller because of the limited travel on the covers. How do I get access to these components for cleaning?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

This can sometimes be difficult to access simply through the cassette door... In those cases the unit has to be dismantled, often just the front taken off but sometimes it can be quite a mission to access...

I will see if I have a service manual for that model...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've taken the cover off of the unit, but it looks like the whole mechanism would have to be pulled off of the chassis. I really didn't want to do that. Some models of cassette players allow the cassette cover to be slipped out, but this is one molded piece. I would appreciate getting info from a service manual for this model.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

The only one I could find is a printed copy on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAC-W-485C-W-415-CASSETTE-SERVICE-MANUAL-ORIGINAL-FACTORY-ISSUE-GOOD-CONDITION-/291292422159

No online copies on any of the sites I subscribe to... Might be a good long term investment if you are wanting to keep this unit for a while...