Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a DVD video player/video cassette recorder SD-V296KU.

Customer Question

I have a DVD video player/video cassette recorder SD-V296KU. There is a disc in the DVD player. I can't play it; I can't open the drawer to retrieve it. Instead the DVD player keeps flashing back to open when I hit close. What shall I do?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You're going to need to unplug the player and then remove the screws on the sides and back of the unit to remove the top cover. Manually remove the disc as it's possibly jammed inside and preventing the drawer from opening. Then plug the player back in and attempt to open/close the disc drawer to make sure it's moving freely. If you run into problems let me know and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.