Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I HAVE A SHARP CD PLAYER DH 950 P 5 DISC W CASSET. LAST NITE

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A SHARP CD PLAYER DH 950 P 5 DISC W CASSET. LAST NITE I WANTED TO PLAY A DISC, I PUSHED THE START BUTTON AS I ALWAYS DO, AND HEARD A LOUD " POP" AND SMELLED SOMETHING BURNING I PULLED THE PLUG OUT. THE DICS SEEMED TO MOVE OK BUT I HAD NO LIGHT AND SOUND,I WAS JUST WANDERING IF THIS IS WORTH SENDING TO YOU TO FIX??
IT IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD AND PLAYS REAL WELL I WOULD HATE TO JUST TOSS IT OUT.
CAN YOU TELL ME IS IT FIXABLE OR NOT WORTH IT.....THANKS *****
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ***@******.***
THANKS
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The pop might be the blowing of an internal fuse.

If the fuse blew because you have run the Sharp CD Player directly from an outlet, then you can prevent this sort of loss of electronic device function, to a great extent, by investing in a surge protector to power every electronic device of any value in the house. A surge protector is an investment that always pays off in the long run.

As for repair to this Sharp device... there are various Sharp repair facilities and shops in various regions. If you let me know your local zip code, or town/city and state, then I will list for you all local shops that you might take the Sharp device to for repairs.