Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I have a Teac CX-750R that I recently picked up at a

Customer Question

I have a Teac CX-750R that I recently picked up at a Goodwill store. I have my local tech do some repair work and he thought all was working. It sounds fantastic and all functions work. However, when it gets to about the 160 mark on the tape counter, it auto stops. If I push play it will start playing for a bit and then stop again. It does the same thing in both directions. Any ideas?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi sure,

this is caused usually by either a sticking tape, or more likely a unit that needs a belt or simply a good cleaning of the belts and pulleys.

The reason it stops is that it gets so far, then it cant pull the tape at a fast enough speed to satisfy the encoder wheel. So what the tape until :"thinks" is that the tape is at its end when its actually just getting stuck is all.

I have been working with tape players like this and thats really all there is to it.

Its is also possible that the tech accidentally got a bit of lube on the belt or a pulley and that would definitely cause this as well. This is a minor issue really with a great system;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael