Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Just got our WPS--DVR set up in our home. Right now, the

Customer Question

Just got our WPS--DVR set up in our home. Right now, the admin and password ***** the factory default. How do I change the password?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your new DVR?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WPS 100 DVR 8ch
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, great, that came right up. In the Setup Menu display, press ▲▼◄► on the front panel of the DVR or on the remote to change the highlighted option to Password, and then press ENTER to display Password ***** as shown. There you'll be able to set up multiple users if you wish, and set a password ***** each user. You don't need to set up multiples, but it's an option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get to the Setup Menu display? This was installed for us and the tech left us with the default user/password. No further instructions were given. I have a feeling I'm going to have to connect my laptop directly to the DVR, don't I?
We will have to continue this tomorrow. Am not going to be able to access the DVR.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

You do this with the buttons on the front of the machine. It's not too complicated, so don't over think it. It has a VGA monitor connected to it, right? In the Menu display, use the buttons on the front panel of the DVR or remote control, and press ▲▼◄► to select Setup, and then press ENTER. That will get you to the part where you can select password, and change your password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, no there is no monitor. The installer had his laptop with him. He connected wirelessly to it. There is a remote control and a mouse next to the DVR
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you can do it from your smart phone as well. Do you have a smartphone? iPhone, or Android?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Android, Samsung Note
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that's a little more complicated than an iPhone... On your computer, click start, type CMD and press enter. Type IPCONFIG and press enter. Copy the IP address information and paste it here so I can take a look.

Have you worked with IP addresses before? I can set you up remotely if you would like. When we're done, you'll be able to access it from any device that is connected to your wireless router. Did the installer happen to leave a set of numbers like 192.168.0.10?

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Wait, they have an android app, I just found it. Make sure your Android or Note is connected to Wifi. Go to the play store, search for WPS-DVR, and install the app. That's how you'll get into it, I thought it was only available for iPhone!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the IP address for remote access, but still...user and password ***** ***** preset. I'd like to change those, especially password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have it on my phone but again, both user and password ***** the factory preset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really gotta go, but would def like this taken care of. How can I get a hold of you tomorrow via this same way?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Bookmark this page, and you can reach me here. I'll be here tomorrow.

The settings are opened with that app. I'll type instructions in the meantime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do, thanks
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Click here. Go to page 104, and it shows you how to work the app. That will be your display for your DVR. You can even type the IP address of the DVR into your computer's browser address bar, and it will pull it up. That is how you access your cameras, settings, and change the password.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Forgot to include the link, click here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
took a quick look. Pg 104 is for iPhone. I have Samsung Note but I get the idea. I already have access via my cell phone and laptop to view cameras connected to the WPS DVR. Again, my problem is not the I cannot connect. I can connect but so can everyone else since my user and password ***** Factory Preset. Unless you are telling me that I can actually change password ***** using my phone then, I stand corrected. I know how to get to the set up and enter user and password ***** my phone. But both of those were factory assign: as in "1234"/ ok, tomorrow.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

It's basically the same thing. The manual was written before the Android app was made. It will be very similar. Yes, you can change the password ***** that app. Follow the instructions carefully, and you'll be able to change it. Page 104 shows you how.