Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

An incorrect code was put into my Samsung 3D bluray DVD

Customer Question

An incorrect code was put into my Samsung 3D bluray DVD player/recorder to make it multi region. Now I am having problems. Is there a code that can be put in to bring it back to factory settings please. If there is, how do I enter it?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me how much longer do I have to wait for an answer to my problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please provide more details on "...having problems..."

Still and on "...bring it back to factory settings...", perform a RESET (if system would allow and if have not been tried). Click HERE.

However and on most instances, the prescribed procedure is to re-load the firmware; i.e. flash the EPROM.

A hopeful workaround is to try manually upgrading/reloading the firmware or even upgrading to a known functional/bug-free version. Please click HERE for detailed instructions while HERE for the zipped copy of the firmware.