Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a portable dvd player which no longer reads discs. It

Customer Question

I have a portable dvd player which no longer reads discs. It is a Sylvania. it just says 'No Disc'. Can i get any troubleshooting tips, or is there any sort of guide you could point me to?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what steps you have already taken to resolve this please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried cleaning the discs, and using different discs. I have visually inspected the player, but haven't taken anything apart.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the Laser that has faulted if its been properly cleaned. It will be either the actual unit itself or the mainboard in the player.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you