Neil, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in electronic repair and design.
15873252

Tape stuck in side one, the tape has been pulled out of the

Customer Question

Tape stuck in side one, the tape has been pulled out of the cassette, the capstan is spinning but won't load.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What make and model is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DDV9500
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Ok so a VHS tape system...

The first thing is remove all tapes, unplug from the power and remove the cover...

Lokk carefully inside the faulty mechanism for any foreign objuect or dust, give the unit a bit of a vacuum...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tape won't eject even when unpluged, cover is off.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Ok so the tape is jammed in there... You have to manually try and remove the tape by turning by hand the motor that does the eject... Its hard to describe in words so I will look for a video that shows this...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what happened, I posted this link yesterday but it hasn't shown up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqce26sbb4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give it a try.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not like Go Video duel deck, con't see the gear.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Have a look on the deck that works as to what motor and drive is used to eject the tape and manually do the same with the faulty deck...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neil,We were moving to slow. We took the deck apart and found a broken piece, now I need to know where to buy parts. FYI the eject motor is under the unit, can only be gotten to by taking unit apart.Curt
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Yes each deck can be different...

What part has broken? The only likely source is the manufacturer I'm afraid...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I send a picture?
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

There should be a paperclip icon which you use to attach photos...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couldn't find paperclip, I sent 3 pictures let me know if you got them.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

I have not been able to find a source of parts at all, if keen to carry on with this unit I suggest buying a second hand one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Video-DDV9500-Hi-Fi-VCR-Recorder-Double-VCR-No-remote-/221837428296?hash=item33a68a8648

Not much more than the likely cost of the part....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess you couldn't really help me, thank for trying.Curt
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time and costs you nothing to do... Sorry the news wasn't necessarily what you wanted to hear...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil,Since you were unable to help me will JustAnswer still bill me $27? I will give you a Excellent rating for what you did but outside of suggesting I buy another for parts you couldn't help me. You were unfamiliar with the mechanics of the GO Video which required me to take it apart without your help.Curt
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

You have been billed already however if you not happy with the help received simply say here "I would like a refund" and I can process one for you, please do not rate me negative to try and get a refund as that will affect my place on this site... I am sorry that I was not able to advise how to fix this online but unfortunately that is sometimes the case with electronics, often you need parts that just aren't available anymore and in those circumstances buying a replacement second hand can be the most cost effective solution... Your satisfaction is the most important thing so if not happy then please request the refund, alternatively if you would like to see me paid for my time then you may consider giving a positive rating but that will preclude you from a refund I must point out... Thanks for your consideration either way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neil you deserve a positive rating, but you couldn't help me, please refund my money. Sorry.Thanks
Curt
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

No problem...

For some reason I no longer have the refund tab available to me, click on the link below and follow the instructions, you shouldn't have to rate negative to receive a refund but if you do could you please come back to me before you do and I will take this up with the site and get you a refund through the support staff...

http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund-1-2/refund.aspx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do and thanks.