Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a AVIC NEX 8000. I just recently experienced a

Customer Question

I have a AVIC NEX 8000. I just recently experienced a problem with my usb iPod. The iPod will not play. It shows the connection on the screen, but I can't get the play bar to move. Everything else works fine. The speakers work fine. I checked the iPod. It works fine when not connected to the unit.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise first of all that you check the USB cable - if it shows the least sign of stress to the cable, then swap out the cable.

I would think that, if the iPod plays OK without the USB connection, then the USB connection is not transmitting, and what is most likely to be at fault is the cable (or possible the jack at either end, or the circuitry in either USB port, etc.)