Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Motorola DCH6416 with a USB port on the front. I

Customer Question

I have a Motorola DCH6416 with a USB port on the front. I wonder if I can play programs from a USB zip drive by connecting there?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the USB port in its current/factory default condition does not support the connection of an external drive. With a DCH6416, an external drive would have to be connected to the eSATA port. This is as stipulated in p. 6 of the Motorola External DVR Storage User Guide available HERE.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.