Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am trying to change my e-mail and password ('t remember

Customer Question

Good morning. I am trying to change my e-mail and password (don't remember password) with ROKU. I cannot find settings.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also unable to access ROKU on television. I can get to main page and it freezes so I cannot go further to select movie.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

- Can you tell me is it Roku-1 or Roku-2 or Roku-3 box?

- Have you tried to unplug Roku power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know, it is a small hand model, I purchased 6 months ago. Perhaps 5" long and 1 1/2 inches wide. I tried to reset roku but did not unplug. Do you want me to try that now?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess you are referring Roku remote, 5 inch long and 1.5 inch wide.

I'm asking about the box that connected to TV through HDMI cable and yes, please go ahead and try unplug - replug and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just unplugged from wall and will wait the 5 minutes.I am also trying to change my e-mail address but forgot password. I was sent a temporary password ***** instructions to go to settings . . I could not locate "settings".I have about 3 more minutes, so I'll plug back in shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I plugged back in and I was able to get to the "Let's get started" screen, but again, it is frozen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed the batteries in the roku.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please go to your Roku account through computer to change email address or password ***** temporary password ***** access the account.

It seems your Rokue remote isn't paired with Roku box, please slide the battery cover from Roku remote control to find tiny pairing switch, push it for 3 seconds to get the remote paired with roku box then you can move on with setup screen on Roku.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll call back. I need to find password, etc.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.