Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have made the correct connections, everything is fine up

Customer Question

I have made the correct connections, everything is fine up to the point where it runs a check, I get the three green check marks. Then it says it cannot connect to the ROKU servers to see if there are any updates. I have tried wired and Wi-Fi and get nowhere. I have asked it to give me a new "CODE", but ---- NOTHING-----.
WHAT IN THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG ?????????????????????????????????????????
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more to add, I just want an answer !!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I said, but this is a "ROKU 3" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS ANYONE IN THERE ???????
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome.

Sorry about the delay, your question went to the wrong category.

Can you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a tower and it says ARRIS on the info plate on its back and it is provided by X-FINITY. It has been in use for five or more years here at my grandparents house. So I really am not sure as to what kinda bells and whistles it might posess, or model # *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That tells me what I need to know, thank you

First step, please remove the power from the Arris and wait 10 minutes.

While waiting, power off the Roku.

Then power on the Arris, wait for 5 minutes then power on the Roku and try to connect via a network cable.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,
I performed the procedure as you suggested. Powered down the router/tower and then shut down the Roku 3 and brought them back up in the order instructed. The only thing I deviated from was that I ended up leaving them off for about an hour because I got wrapped up in some other pressing matters. I assume that shouldnt matter, as long as they are brought up in the correct sequence.
I said all of that to say that --- IT DID NOT WORK--- It still cannot seem to find its servers. I tried wired first tnhen gave WiFi a shot. Any more suggestions ???????????????? .......... Tim Wetherell .................
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I want you please to reset the Roku

To do this

From the Roku home screen, select settings > factory reset, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Or if you can not get to the menu, from the Button Reset

Locate the reset button on the Roku 3 player. It is on the backside of the player, just below the power connector. Using the tip of a pin, like an opened paper clip, press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds, then release the button.

Then try to connect it please