Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

My Alpine CD changer is malfunctioning, it seems to be

Customer Question

My Alpine CD changer is malfunctioning, it seems to be having trouble recognizing and playing CD's for any length of time. Sometimes it skips, other times it may not even recognize the CD.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

When this happens it is usually an indication that the laser pickup assembly lens needs to be cleaned or that it has/is failing and needs to be replaced. Try resetting the unit and if that does not help then using a cd cleaning disc to see if that fixes the problem, normally it does not and that is due to it needing to be replaced.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.