Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

I have Hatachi HT-460 turntable that start switch need

Customer Question

I have Hatachi HT-460 turntable that start switch need repaired?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If the actual switch were bad then it would need to be replaced, the problem is that all replacement parts like this seem to be obsolete and no switches/boards available, thus it would almost require finding a replacement and a board level repair. You may find it cheaper to replace the entire unit but that would be your decision to make. In some cases these switches just need to be cleaned and once again function correctly instead of erratic. You can test the switch with a voltmeter to see if it is working.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

You may need to locate another unit for parts to source a replacement part if it is beyond repair.

Thanks,

joe