Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am all of a sudden having trouble with my Funai VCR. The

Customer Question

I am all of a sudden having trouble with my Funai VCR. The left side of the unit, the side that plays VHS tapes, is still working fine but suddenly the DVD side is not working. When I insert a DVD disc and close the drawer as usual, nothing happens for a few seconds and then suddenly the words 'disc error' appears on the screen. This happens with every DVD disc I insert, so it has to be the fault of the player. The player was still working fine last night. What could be the problem here? Is there some adjustment I could make without ruining it? Could you help me with this?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
How old is the player?
- Have you tried to unplug player power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check disc?