Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Philips FWC 550 Mini Fi System from 8/2001. I am in

Customer Question

i have a Philips FWC 550 Mini Hi-Fi System from 8/2001. I am in need of a round drive belt (which is about 4 inches). How can I find this drive belt? I called Philips support and they told me to go to P4C.Philips.com for the archive but I cannot find any information can you help me?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, belt of which deck please ? ...A or B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
As inquired above; "...which deck please ? ...A or B..."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 3 CD player. the belt turns the CD deck. other than that, your question makes no sense. you can call me if you need to.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand and confirms that it is the CD deck and not either of the TAPE decks.
From the Service Manual, I can provide you with the Part Number. Would this information serve your need please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Philips said they do not have parts to sell for this unit. I need to know the size of the belt exactly so that i can go online or where ever you recommend, to purchase the correct belt. can you help me with that problem?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I can only provide Part Numbers.
Hopefully another member can provide an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.
Still, good luck with the repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying.