Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

My Bose cd player does not Spin. the problem started some

Customer Question

my Bose cd player does not Spin. the problem started some month ago,gradually got worse,now will not spin. did I push an unwanted button out of desperatio? my Bose was bought just about when it came out i CANNOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. i HAVE BEEN USING THE cD EVERY DAY SINCE i RECEIVED IT.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If the radio is still working and you're certain that the CD has physically stopped spinning, then the problem is a mechanical one with the belt drive on the CD player. Inside behind the CD player there is a pulley wheel on the center hub that spins when it is driven by a belt. This small belt can wear down over time. In order to fix it the unit will have to be opened up in the belt need to be replaced. This is a fairly difficult task to perform because most of the unit needs to be disassembled to do it. You can try verifying the problem by looking at it through the front with a flashlight, but you will be able to replace it from the front. Your best option if you want to get that back to working condition would be to bring it to a repair center. Unfortunately, it's not something simple like a button that was pushed. But if you still have questions, please let me know.