Sijad H.
Sijad H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Expert at repairing faulty dvd players at intermediate level.
61965098

I set up my wireless roku and put the security key in and I

Customer Question

I set up my wireless roku and put the security key in and I get an error message code011
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. That error usually means there was an error with Roku establishing a connection. Lets try a few things:

• Power cycle the Roku player by removing the power connector from the back of the Roku player. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the power. Wait for the player to restart, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • If power cycling the Roku player did not resolve the error then a network power cycle might.
    • To do this remove the power connector from these devices. (note that your router and modem may be one physical unit)
      • Roku player
      • Wireless router
      • Modem
    • Wait 30 seconds then reconnect the power connectors in this order, waiting 1 minute between each device to allow it to fully boot.
      • Modem
      • Wireless router
      • Roku player
    • Follow the on-screen instructions from the Roku player and TV.
  • If none of the above steps worked then a reset of the Roku player may be needed. To reset the Roku player find the reset button. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then release. The Roku player will then restart. Follow the on-screen instructions for setup.

If after performing all of the above, your device is still having the 011 error code please let me know and we will troubleshoot futher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.