Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Need help to update software Bluray player BDP5580

Customer Question

Need help to update software for Sony Bluray player BDP5580
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Is the bluray player connected to internet?

If so then you can update software/firmware easily as mentioned on following Sony link..

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=BDPS580&upd_id=10175&os_group_id=5

If bluray player isn't connected to internet then can buy upgrade disc from following Sony link..

http://truemanuals.com/sony/Search.php?model_number=BDPS580

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the download, but as it turned out, it was not needed, as the system updated itself. I read that the service fee of $23. that was charged to my Amex card was "refundable". When and how do I receive this refund?
Norma , Customer #5276 on 8/9/15
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please contact customer service at***@******.*** for any billing issue as I have no control over such matters.

Sounds good that problem is resolved, a positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.

Regards,

Shahid.