Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Panasonic AJ-HD1400 tape deck. I am trying to connect

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic AJ-HD1400 tape deck. I am trying to connect it to my blackmagic converter in order to see my footage and edit it. I am able to get sound but no video. Can someone please give me the menu options for how to set this deck up to see my video.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would say that most likely you have a problem with the cable that connects the Panasonic deck to the BlackMagic device.
If that cable is a HDMI cable, then it is a quite common problem with second-rate cables, esp. if they have been in use for a while, to fail to deliver video but still deliver sound. So if your HDMI cable is not top-quality that could be where the problem is.
I think the sound being delivered at least shows that no further 'setup' is really needed, that the problem is in fact a defect in either production, or transmission, or the video signal - and more likely the latter, the transmission of it.
Since you asked for menu options, and I do not have information on those, I have Opted Out, re-opening the question to others here. But, please note my opinion: you most likely have a defective cable, or perhaps, just perhaps, one that is loose or dirty at either end.