Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I hook up my HDMI cable to my television?

Customer Question

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Can you please elaborate? In other words- what's the model number off of the back of the TV? Also what are you trying to connect to it (make and model of device please)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number off the back is: KDL-46S2010
Roku 2
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Your TV has one HDMI connection on the back to the right of "RGB" and above all of the RCA connections. Are you not able to find it?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It says "HDMI IN" right below the jack.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes on both
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You lost me. Yes on both to what? You asked where the HDMI port is on your TV, and I answered that above. Is there something else you're stuck on?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please scroll up on the page to see all replies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we have found to port on the on the Tv However there is a cable plugged in from the sattalite receiver? Now what:
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Well if there's a cable already plugged in there- then you can't have two devices plugged in at the same time, so you would either: 1) Unplug the SAT receiver and plug in the Roku. Or: 2) Purchase an HDMI splitter so you can plug both devices into the TV. The splitter is below and you will need a total of 3 HDMI cables. One runs from the SAT box to the spltter. One runs from the Roku 2 to the splitter. One runs from the splitter to the TV. Here is where you can purchase the HDMI splitter: http://www.parts-express.com/c2g-40349-2-input-1-output-hdmi-source-switch--184-269 Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
So, you could either remove the HDMI cable from the SAT box and switch over to the Roku 2- each time you want to watch either source, or you could purchase that switch I linked to above.
Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.