Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

Jvc dvr wii not eject tape

Customer Question

jvc dvr wii not eject tape
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It sounds like what you're saying is that you can get the tape to move correctly while it's inside the carriage, but that you cannot get that part to eject with the tape in it. It is possible from what you describe, that the latch on the mechanism to release the door is not moving properly. If you manage to get it open this way you must be very careful and check to make sure the tape is not still pulled through the internals of the camera. When you load that tape the Stands pull the tape out and threaded around the head. When you stop it and prepare it for rejecting this should all go back into the tape but just make sure that that's happening. The opening of the cassette is simply caused by a latch and a spring mechanism that slowly opens it. The first thing you can try doing is pulling or praying the door very gently while pressing eject. If this does not work then I would suggest trying something firm but not something that can damage the camera – something like a guitar pick or credit card if you can use that it's not too thick and gently go around the edge seeing if you can manually the latch that's holding the cassette in place. If you do, it should spring out and give you access to the tape deck. After this you'll have to find out why it's not opening but this will get you a lot closer.. Please let me know if you have any questions.