Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I have a 1971 Seeburg Model USC2 jukebox. The select button

Customer Question

I have a 1971 Seeburg Model USC2 jukebox. The select button panel will not select a song when the buttons are pushed. John
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning John I'm sorry to hear that. Do none of the selection buttons work?If so try a system reset. Unplug the unit from the wall and wait 30 full minutes. The plug it back in, let it come up for 10 full minutes then try the system once again.Let me know if this works or not, if it does great then please rate my service kindly but if not do not rate yet but simply reply to me for further information;-)Thanks John.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, does the machine do anything when you select a song? And motor sounds etc?Is it acting as if no money was placed in the unit of equipped? If it does have a money accepter let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does have a coin slot. Which I have never used. There is no motor sound when I select a song. It worked previously and I don't recall what and when it stopped working.
Thx
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks John there is quite a bit to this machine but the first place to check is the switch bank for a bad ground especially since there is no response from any of the key presses. Usually that is the part that fails when you have this issue and everything else seems ok.It could be the control unit and if yours has tubes it may simply be a bad one.Check them out as well, make sure first of all they light up.Let me know, I'm successful at getting these working myself But I have been a tech for many years. Also do you have a digital multimeter for testing, you will need that to be sure of a few things? And any electrical knowledge?Thanks Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I once started a fire connecting only two wires on a lamp!
I would have to change my will and warn the neighbors if I got too deeply into this Seeburg sweetheart!
LOL
JOHN
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
LMAO!!!!Ok so lets try another route.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Can I have your state and town, i can check to see if there is anyone reputable there for you to fix this one;-)ThanksMike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it to play by opening the jukebox and pushing " the mech start" switch. It continues to play record after record but doesn't stop until I hit reject. However, it will not play when using the select pad. Is it possible the Select Button Pad would work with replacement circuit board? Are they available? If so where? If so how much$ Where can you get parts?
Thx
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey John, it probably would work, but it sounds like you definitely need the new board.The best guy I know for this stuff is listed below, he is really good with parts and has a lot of knowledge on this as well;-)Please contact him for this part.http://www.jukeboxparts.com/Seeburg-parts.htmI will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)Thank you and have a great day John and please keep me posted!