Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I can't get my DVD player to work. I have selected TV and

Customer Question

I can't get my DVD player to work. I have selected TV and devices - but don't know what else to do to get it to work. Help.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the Make and Model of the DVD player?
2) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?
3) Is this the first time setting up the DVD player on this TV?
4) What remote are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVD Player is a GoVideo mODEL # ***** 1140. tv d6501-c3. First time setting up on this TV, Using GoVideo Remote and Xfinity
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you can't use the Xfinity remote to setup the DVD player. You need to grab the original Vizio remote for this. Connect the DVD player to the TV using Red,White and Yellow RCA cables to the Go Video's "DVD/VCR Audio Out/Video Out" connections. The Yellow cable goes into the "Y/Video" port on the TV- and the Red and White go into the "Audio In" connections on the TV. You then will use the Vizio remote's "INPUT" button to select the AV/Video Input (may also be termed "Composite"). With the DVD player turned ON, this will bring the DVD display up on your TV. From there you will use the Go Video remote to play, pause, and FF discs as needed. Use the VIZIO remote's "INPUT" button, to then get back to your Xfinity signal when finished watching a DVD. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still having problems. Please call me @(###) ###-####and walk me through the process. Thank you.