Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

After power up, radio display fades after about 10 seconds.

Customer Question

After power up, radio display fades after about 10 seconds. Cannot complete menu selections.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds to me as if a power supply voltage in the radio's electronics was either
1. overloaded and dragged down by a partial short circuit or overload by some part or component... or, and more likely:
2. ...or the power supply or voltage distribution inside the radio's electronics, is defective and cannot support the power for the display on the radio for any period of time after power-On.
How old is the radio in question?
- If less than a year old, it may be repaired under warranty conditions, for free or for a reduced price, provided that the warranty has not been voided.
- If over a year old, it amounts to a decision between repair and replacement of the radio device.
Let me know, and I will advise you further as appropriate.