Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have an old (20 yrs) Sony combination DVD/VCR player. The

Customer Question

I have an old (20 yrs) Sony combination DVD/VCR player. The remote was lost in a recent move. I'm only interested in using the DVD part. Please help me find something that will work.
Sue
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Can you please tell me the full model number of the sony?
Do you currently have any other remotes at your disposal, such as a cable/satellite box remote or other universal remote? If so, you may be able to utilize that rather than investing in a new/replacement remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have the model number. I do have a remote for cable.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you look on the sony, there should be a sticker on the back indicating the model number, or printed on the front near the display/screen. If not, I can still recommend a remote for you, but it is more of an educated best estimate and I can't guarantee it will work, you may end up having to try several models before finding the right fit. Having the model number helps me find the best match for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no display -- this is a combo DVD VCR player.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, most all of the sony combo units were the SLV series, which work with the RMT-V501C model remote.Because these systems are all old, obsolete, and discontinued, they are hard to find a brand new remote any longer. You can still get a used or generic one though:http://amzn.to/1H5MeUJorhttp://www.replacementremotes.com/SONY/Buy-RMT-V501C-RMTV501C-988506120-DVD-VCR-Combo-Player-Remote-Control.html Best regards,Nathan