Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I put a mini-DV tape into my Sony DSR-30 deck and it won't

Customer Question

I put a mini-DV tape into my Sony DSR-30 deck and it won't play it forward or reject it. I want to eject it so I can manually advance the tape a significant amount and then I expect it will play. I have tried to power on while holding the eject button, but that doesn't work. What options do I have?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, please consider manually extracting/ejecting the tray; click HERE for the instructions.Post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I knew how to manually eject the tape, I certainly would have done that already! The "Click HERE for the instructions" didn't work. I'm still stuck. Rather the tape is still stuck in the deck!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Then the described symptom would point to an internal hardware issue.The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance/mechanical checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron?