Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have a &O Beogram 2400 turntable with the plastic cover

Customer Question

I have a B&O Beogram 2400 turntable with the plastic cover that is broken at the hinge. I would like to replace the cover. Where/How can I order a new cover/hinge component, and can I replace the cover myself without specialized tools? Is this possible or do I need to have it serviced by B&O?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
I don't think you'll find this cover available as a new part for replacement. However, what I would suggest doing is looking around for a nonworking model that someone is getting rid of and for a few dollars you should be able to get they nonfunctional 2400 turntable with an intact plastic cover that you can then replace. To do this I would suggest replacing yourself, you don't really need any specialized tools and you will be able to work through it. I don't have any documentation on doing it but it's not something that you would bring to B&O for service. While they will service anything they've ever sold, it would cost an absolute fortune to have this done when you could probably do it for about $10.