Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Cd is stuck and will not rotate out of my Philips 926 Series

Customer Question

Cd is stuck and will not rotate out of my Philips 926 Series 5 disk cd changer.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. If the player gets moved before the discs are removed, the discs will shift out of their slots and will get stuck. It's a fairly easy repair, and you can do it at home. First, uplug the player and wait about 5 minutes for the power to drain. Remove the screws that hold on the top cover. Most models will have 2 on each side, and 1 or two on the back. Only remove the ones on the back that are holding the black cover in place. Don't remove any more screws. Now the cover should slide off, and the discs will be accessible. Don't touch the electronics! Remove each disc, replace the cover, and it should work like it used to. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately Rusty, on the Philips Series 926 5 disk cd changer the disk(s) are not accessible to remove. When I remove the cover the cd's are enclosed with another enclosure over the cd tray, along with 2 circuit boards with wires. The stuck cd is under one the largest circuit board..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cd is in its slot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, it's been typically over 24 hours. How about a response, or not waste my time. Thank you.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially only if comfortable with,; a hopeful workaround; invert the Philips so that bottom side up for an extended period of time. The idea is to let gravity work on the stuck disc and loosen it up. The alternative is a complete dis-assembly similar to what is shown HERE. There were several known issues with this model/series including on the revisions of the mechanism. Please click HERE if of interest and perhaps of further insight.