Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a new router (with a new ESSID and password) connected.

Customer Question

I have a new router (with a new ESSID and password) connected. How do I now connect my wifi to my roku box. My box is a Roku XR
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Did you previously have the Roku working with your old router?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you have not already done so, please unplug the Roku from power (pull the power cord out of the back of it for 10 seconds and plug it back in).
Then press and hold the tiny reset button on the back of the Roku for 5 seconds and this will reset the box to factory defaults.
From there you will run through the initial Roku setup and when prompted, will enter the new SSID info from your router and perform a "connection test".
Once you do this you will then be able to use the Roku with the new router.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.