Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

How do i connect my clover 4 channel DVR to a monitor

Customer Question

how do i connect my clover 4 channel DVR to a monitor
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the model # ***** your DVD recorder?
Also the make and model # ***** your monitor?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model cdr4570 serials1250609361 . It is a clover***** I am having trouble with the Dvr I have been using. I pull the clover out put have forgotten how to connect it to the monitor. Also when I try to access it on my computer it says Dvr not found. I am using a TV for the monitor insignia ns-19e310na15
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im a bit confused, are you saying all of this set up was at one time working ok, but now its not because you don't remember how to hook it up?
Thanks in advance for clearing that up. And did you use the same monitor and DVR together in the past?
Also what is the problem you are having with the DVR so I can be sure that isn't causing the issue as its possible you are hooking it up correctly.
Please let me know how you have the wires connected as far a inputs and outputs are concerned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did work befor but I changed to a swann system that had stopped working . I want to set the clover system back up agin it has been in use for a couple of years
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
So what is different now? What is new to the way you used to have it set up? The monitor etc?
Also please be very specific about how you have the systems wires hooked up.
A detailed desription is what we need in order to help solve this;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I just forgot how I did it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is new but it was connect to a TV before
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi ok, basically are you using RCA plugs and jacks to hook up with?
And is the only thing you need hooked up the DVR and the monitor or is there also a camera? ALso where is the DVR getting its input signal from a camera or a cable line etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are cameras attached and I have the Ethernet cable attached from the Dvr to the lap top. The Dvr doesn't have hdmi ports
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uverse
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information.
What is the exact problem you are having, do the cameras display on your computer (laptop) or the monitor? They should be wired from the cameras to the DVR then take that output from the DVR to your laptop to view.
Let me know if you see the cams on the monitor or not at this point;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They should display on the monitor . But it's not connected how do I connect the monitor to the dvr
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
What type of wiring are you using, RCA type or something else that would be specific to the other monitor you used to use?
Please be more specific in your answers so we can help you quicker.
Thansk for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the quick start guide they show the monitor plunged into a v out .i have the cable that have the red yellow and whit plugs on both ends the v-out is made for something different like the plugs on the cameras.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the wiring is rica it is the same as when we use this Dvr in the passd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the wiring is RCA the main difference in this system and the one I was using is the are no hdmi ports
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks, ***** ***** that old monitor and camera system needs the same type to make this work, so unfortunately this new monitor wont work;-(
I have been there myself may times loll.
I wish I had better news for you I really do and I thank you for your patience on this. You might try E-bay or Amazon for a replacement monitor cheap. Or you may be able to order one from the monitor manufacturer.
I will stick with you in case I can be of further assistance ,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice Sunday;-)
Please rate kindly at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I attach it to my computer to monitor
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi if the jacks match up yes otherwise you would need the exact jacks used in the monitor. The monitor manufacturer makes these different and uses different technology to make them incompatible sometimes so you would need to buy products from them specific to the camera system the sell. They keep it all on their standard not a basic commonly used standard. I whish I had better news for you on this I really do.
If the plugs dont fit any ones on your computer you can ask the manufacturer if they supply one for the computer they may very well have something for that application;-)
Please rat ekindly at this time, I will still be vailable to you for any further advice. I will also look to see what may be available from them for you but I wont have that information until Monday as they are closed now.
Thank you