Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

Have had several instances of a TiVo DVR not connecting to

Customer Question

Have had several instances of a TiVo DVR not connecting to another DVR because of a network when the DVR was available a few minutes prior.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
There is a little hidden gem in the TiVo boxes and that they have several diagnostics built into them and a while back I wrote an article about how to access them because they are certainly not intuitive. But there are certain programs a call kick starts that will do things from checking the DVR's filesystems and network communications all the way to reformatting and reinstalling the software. I'll give you a link to it because it's probably easier to read right on the site but I'll still be here so if you have questions does come back here and ask.
http://www.brainchamber.com/2012/08/18/how-to-run-tivo-built-in-diagnostics/