Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have spoke to you before about connecting my entertaining

Customer Question

I have spoke to you before about connecting my entertaining equipment. Now I'm asking how to make it record from the reel to reel, to the CD recorder the cassette player and the cd to cd player. This is what I have. How do I connect the plugs so I can play as well recorded.
Kenwood receiver model # KR- V9020
Teac cassette model # CX -650R
Teac reel to reel
Pioneer CD Player
Kenwood STEREO Equalizer model # *****
JVC CD player model# XLR5000 This is the one I can do the recording with.
Graphic Equalizer model # 1070KE
3 Band Dynamic Range Expander Series Two
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been trying to speake to you and eveerytime I try to enter a new password ***** won't let me..I have been a member for a while. You take $ 35.00 month out of my account..I am hoping you can get me thru so can get an answer about entertaining
systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** *****
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thomas. My name is***** can help you with your question.
What you would have to do to record to the CD recorder is to capture the audio from the tape. So the output of the real to real player would have to go to the analog input of the CD recorder. I wouldn't necessarily put an equalizer in between them and less that something you already know you want to do to adjust the sound before it's recorded. Then it would be just like dubbing a VCR tape. You just play the original and record on the destination CD recorder with the source selected that the tape player is connected to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but how do I put what plug into what. I have a lot of equipment to connect. So what plug go where?
You should have audio out from the source which is a red and white RCA jack and you should have a similar plug on the recorder. Just put those two wires from the player output to the CD recorder input. That's all you really need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but I want to plug everything up. for example plug the reel to reel into the receiver plug the cassette into line ???? of the equalizer and so for
In that case, all outputs should go to inputs on the receiver.... except the equalizer. That will go between the receiver and whatever source you want to equalize.