Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My DV-F07 plays DVD disk but after loading CD disk it spins

Customer Question

My DV-F07 plays DVD disk but after loading CD disk it spins up ejects them then reloads then returns the disk to the loading position. No error message just 2 tries then back to reload position
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times. If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the disc mechanism, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.If it still doesn't work, you can opt to clean the lens eye itself, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean. If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which is on average a $150 repair, and not typically cost effective. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at the lens and it is clear and clean and projecting a light onto the disk. It is something else.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not something else, it would be an internal failure in the system. If you can see the light, and the lens is clear, this doesn't mean the layer is fine- if it were, then the discs would be read by the unit- there's no way around this.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you looking to perform a component level repair on the unit, or what type of assistance exactly are you looking for please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is too old and obsolete to spend money on. I was just trying to use it one more time to sell it. Thanks, ***** ***** the obvious isn't useful.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's not possible to tell what's obvious to you since all customers are different. That's why it's helpful to check the "Already Tred" box and enter what you've already done so we don't waste your time. I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! no hard feelings I hope.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No- none at all. Also, it may be worth mentioning, that DVD/CD players have a dual layer lens, one layer reads audio and the other video. Even though the lens appears clean, it would still be worth cleaning if you have not already done so.